“Too much of anything is destructive.” – Anonymous.
Alcohol has become mainstream. The reason is it is easily available. Sadly, overconsumption of alcohol may lead to sudden death. Alcohol poisoning happens when you binge drink alcohol leading to an overdose. The write-up here lists everything you need to know about alcohol poisoning. More than 80,000 people die instant deaths every year due to alcohol overdose or, in rare cases, unknown substance of drinks. It is a matter to take seriously.
What is Alcohol Poisoning?
Alcohol poisoning happens when the consumption exceeds your body’s capacity to take it. The condition occurs when too much alcohol gushes into your bloodstream, which causes the parts of the brain to shut down. Alcohol is sedative which means it can numb down your brain, affect the nervous system and slow your breathing/heart rate – the essentials for survival.
Under normal circumstances, the liver does the job of keeping alcohol from entering the bloodstream, but in case of an overdose (drinking too much without a break), the liver may not function.
With the process, it is clear that alcohol poisoning is the direct cause of brain damage or death.
Myths About Alcohol Poisoning
In case of Alcohol poisoning, no home remedy will work. It is an emergency when you must call 911 to save a life.
Myth: Sleeping helps to calm down
Fact: In the case of alcohol poisoning, you can lose consciousness while sleeping.
Myth: Consumption of black/strong coffee
Fact: It will not work on the damage that has been done, as alcohol is already in the blood.
Myth: Taking a cold shower to regain consciousness
Fact: On the contrary, the instant shock of cold water can lead to unconsciousness.
Myth: Speed walking
Fact: Speed walking has no impact on the rate at which alcohol exits your body.
Immediate Symptoms of Alcohol Poisoning
- The severe smell of alcohol from the person.
- Imbalanced movements
- Damp or clammy skin
- Slurred speech
- Difficulty in breathing
- Being conscious but unresponsive
- Confused often self-hazardous actions.
- Seizures or unconsciousness
- A sudden drop in the body temperature
Risks Of Untreated Alcohol Poisoning
Alcohol poisoning without immediate treatment can lead to even severe problems. If you are with someone who has taken the overdose and is exuding symptoms, do not let it go untreated by the professionals.
There are several outcomes, and different people might show different symptoms.
- The presence of alcohol in the blood for a long might lead to severe dehydration and long-term health conditions.
- With excessive vomiting, one might run the risk of tearing blood vessels of the stomach or throat, leading to blood in vomit.
- The tremendous drop in the blood sugar level might lead to fits or seizures, which can lead to spontaneous death.
When To Seek Help?
Alcohol poisoning is not the time for experiments but for spontaneous responses. If you or any of your friends have done an alcohol overdose and are exhibiting symptoms, immediately call 911 or order an ambulance or call the Carlson toll-free number: +1 866-889-3410. If the person is passed out, get them on their side to prevent them from choking on vomit.
Alcohol consumption for the sake of fun has taken many lives. Getting yourself swayed away by the emotions or circumstances is the first red signal that can lead one to trouble. Do not let that happen to you. The Carlson company aims to provide awareness and detection tests against drugs/alcohol abuse, date rape drug test, unknown substance analysis, heavy metal presence and poisoning in drinks so that you are safe.