|List of Alternate DNA Sources useable as primary or reference DNA samples.
| Many times you need to collect a DNA reference sample without the donor being aware of your intentions.
- Band Aids, feminine products, diabetic glucose sticks, diabetic syringe
- Blankets, pillows, bed sheets
- Body Fluids-blood, urine, saliva, semen, vaginal secretions, perspiration, tears, nasal mucous.
- Bottle, can, or glass that the subject has drank from
- Dental floss
- Dirty laundry
- Electric or safety razor clippings
- Facial tissue, cotton swab
- Fingernail, toe nail, clippings
- Chewing gum
- Hair with roots or follicles attached, hair brush, comb, hair strands on clothing
- Other Sources – drinking straws, toothpicks, toothbrushes, facial tissues, cotton swabs, partially eaten food, facial wipes.
- Post mortem tissue, blood, hair, other bodily fluids, cremains (cremation remains e.g. ash/bone, etc. may be a suitable DNA source)
- Stamps or envelopes that require licking
- Teeth, false or bridge, retainers
- Tissue – skin cells, feces, mucous, tears, saliva
- Smoked cigarette butts with or without filters, pipe stems, cigarette holders, used chewing tobacco plugs, roll your own cigarettes
|Questions? Need additional info.? Call toll free 1-866-889-3410 or Email